Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fitting it all Together

I've been richly blessed to attend a plethora of training since my tenure at ESC Region 11 began in December 2013.  Lately I've been trying to fit all of the pieces together to create a consistent train of thought/beliefs.

I've been inspired by an activity called 5th Grade Polyhedrons posted on the Art in the Big Green Room blog from Spalding Drive Elementary in Sandy Springs, Georgia.   I plan to "lift & edit" for Maker Camp.
My thinking....

Can I connect just 2 pieces?
What about 3 pieces?
(no image available)

What about 4 pieces?


So why is there no image for 3 pieces?  I'm not saying it's impossible, but I wasn't able to make it fit.

Using that as an analogy.  As an Educational Service Center, we are charged with support the needs of our districts.  I attend trainings and conferences to learn about the trends, gather ideas, and make connections.  Some of those ideas will apply to one campus, some to many, some to none at all. 

It might not all fit together....but, then again...I may not have discovered the strategy that makes it connect
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And later this afternoon....

....as I left the Polyhedron pieces on my desk...I discovered WHY we collaborate....



No comments:

Post a Comment