Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Opinionated?

I'd like to think that I have an open mind....and then I was convicted last week while chatting with a friend by a statement that came out of my own mouth...

"I think most people thing they are more open-minded than they actually are."


So how open am I really?  I have opinions.  (Those who know me well are snickering loudly).  I am working on being a listener and putting my opinions aside but that is sooooooo NOT my nature.  I just read a blog reflection from a young man studying philosophy in college.  He included the cartoon above....and had basically the same thought.  There ARE somethings that are just right and just wrong.

BUT....

I hope and work toward listening, so that I can be solid on those opinions based on what I learn from my colleagues, our clients, students, and especially those whose opinion differs.

No comments:

Post a Comment